View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 13, 2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddog View Post
Hmm, as one of those that took umbridge to your original focus on Toronto (and this from someone born and bred in the Smoke), the reasons for building a supertall DO exist in city's other than Toronto. These reasons are demand, zoning, constraints (land availability) plus hubris. While the concentration of these requirements is greatest in Toronto THEY DO EXIST ELSEWHERE! Missie, the Falls (<< added as per above post), Calgary and others do have a chance to build a 300+M building before Toronto - perhaps the odds aren't high, but they are greater than zero.

BTW, symmetry of a skyline has NO BEARING on a developer building a supertall. They don't sit around a table planning to spend $500M just to balanace out a nice skyline.

Again, as someone from Toronto, I was offended that initially it was felt that only Toronto should partake in this discussion. With the new thread title this now warrants inclusion in the Canada section.

PS. It the Oakridges, not Greenridges
I know other places could build supertalls as well, I'm just saying that Toronto is where it will most likely be.