View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 3, 2012, 2:34 AM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Wow, nice thread. My wife and I have been to Reading; we made the trek up to the Pagoda which offers a hell of a view overlooking Reading and its vicinity.

Really? That's the poorest city in the country? Granted, parts of that city are not exactly all that great (as is the case with every large city), but Reading?!! I've driven through Youngstown and Johnstown, and I've seen Altoona. Let's just leave it at that.

Anyway, onto some of the architecture here. It looks like a lot of that has been very well preserved like you said. I noticed one pic where a historic building was blocked off by chainlink fence. I'm guessing that's due to some rennovation work going on. I really liked seeing so many buildings preserved and very well in tact. I also noticed that the architecture is very similar to some of the residential buildings of South Philly.