View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2012, 5:17 AM
Eagle Scout since 9/28/09

Official End of the World Financial Center Digital Designing Phase!

After nearly nine months of work, a trip to New York City to take pictures, and many late nights (most within the past four weeks straight), I have officially finished designing my World Financial Center model! The final parts count clocks in at 21,505 pieces. Now begins the process of gathering pieces.

I am also officially announcing my becoming a member of the Kenosha LEGO Users Group (KLUG). I will officially unveil my finished model at the upcoming KLUG display on May 19th and 20th.

Here are the newest and final screenshots:

The Brookfield Heart of Glass which will provide access to the World Trade Center via underground tunnel.

Here it is without the 2, 3, & 4 WFC "stumps."

The Winter Garden atrium obviously will not look that tacky when finished. The over-simplification in the digital model is simply the result of the lack of manipulable flex tubes in the program.

Stay tuned as I gather pieces. Updates will not be as frequent as these past few weeks as it'll take awhile to amass all the parts I need. My construction photos will likely start around mid-May but will not be too revealing (gives you something to look forward to).