View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 1, 2018, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ FWIW I think there will eventually be a new parkade around there. When you have the city's largest office tower and another major 4-tower complex going up with minimal indoor parking attached to it, eventually things will reach a breaking point. Although that said, I don't know where you would put a parkade big enough to serve those buildings... the RWB/Hull's site probably isn't big enough for anything substantial. It would have to be a block or two away, like on the big surface lot south of Cityplace on Donald, or on the big surface lot east of the Winnipeg Clinic on Kennedy.
I hope not, and I'm not sure I see it... the only way they'd plan a parkade is if too many prospective tenants are demanding it, in which case we'd all know about it by now for years. If they suddenly had to sink 20M into a parkade to "save" this later on, they'd be doomed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
More parkades? There's one at Millenium Library, City Place proper, City Place on Hargrave, TNS, Delta, Convention Centre has 2, Hydro and their small parkade. Sutton Place will have a parkade. The whole of downtown is covered in parking. Never mind the surface lots.
True, the difference being that they're charging by far the highest rents in the city to bankers and lawyers. They'd want attached luxury parking lol.