View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2013, 10:52 PM
Walk taker

Hi everyone! A lot has been happening to this building recently, so I'll write up a thorough update:

Interior work continues, slowly. Drywall surrounding the 'core' has been installed, as well as other preliminaries like plumbing, exit signs, and rigging for drop ceilings. All interior columns have yet to be encased. I assume that this slow pacing is due to a lack of prospective tenants - I hope I'm wrong, though.

The plaza facing 3rd ave. is very near completion. Grey paving stones have been laid in nearly the full area of the park - most are square, perhaps 4x4 inches. Larger stones, maybe 3 feet long each, form a rectangular 'entrance' leading into the main revolving doors. The coloration is a mix of grey and white stripes. In addition to these simple elements, there are two 'dotted lines' of stones cutting through the pavement at odd angles.

The benches are being clad in wooden units, complete with backrests. Beneath the bottom lips of the benches, warm LED's have been installed, which make them appear to hover at night. The trees planted a few months ago are in full leaf and are in an alternating pattern with the plazas lighting fixtures, 8-9 foot grey cylinders with glassy tops. They exude a bright but warm light.

Work has started on the buildings 5th floor green space. White paving tiles have been lifted onto the podium and waist-high sheer glass barriers have started to be installed.

Here are some pictures:

The box sheds covering the sidewalks have been completely taken down, so now is a good time to go and admire the bases glass - the panes are enormous, crisp and incredibly clear.

The buildings glass has finally started to be washed, though not yet completely. The reflections are stunning from any angle. Here are a few examples: