View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 1:13 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
It's funny because the sub-urban lifestyle doesn't appeal to me in the least and it never did even when I lived in the burbs. There are urbanites and sub-urbanites. That's OK. Maybe people can't see the value in living in a neighborhood like Midtown. I guess I understand that since I don't see the value in living in a suburban house with 5 bedrooms, 3 bath and swimming pool. I would rather in the country before I ever lived in the burbs again.

I kind of have contempt for all the phonies around here who are so suburban yet think they are so urbane..because they bash Sacramento and say it's 'not a real city'. Very lame. I lived in Bangkok and New York which are both huge cities and while Sacramento is not even close to being what those cities are I'll tell you that it will never become the city we envision with these small-minded people who are always negative. I'll grant you that Sacramento has a ways to go but it's not as bad as some are making out. When Sacramento finally does 'pop' I don't want to see their faces around Midtown or Downtown. Let them stay in the burbs.

When I came back to Sacramento I promised myself that I would not sit around and complain about what we didn't have. Which is use-less. Rather I would work to change things. If you are not working to bring up the level of the city then either move or keep quiet.
I'll see you downtown Ozone!
We can agree to disagree..Yes Ozone, I have lived in Queens, SF, LA and here. Whooptie doo... That does not make your opinion valid that it is a real city, nor does it make my opinion valid that midtown is kind of boring, and downtown is empty at night. As far as art walks, I can drive to 2nd saturday in 10 minutes, park and walk.. then drive home. Not missing a single thing. The phonies are the ones who continue to praise how great midtown is, and then wonder why no one really wants to spend a ton of money on a 2 bedroom tiny condo. "Live The Grid", give me a break. The only reason midtown is at all happening at night is because people like me (us damn suburbanites) drive to places like Streets of London, or The Park, or 58 degrees, in our cars, and hang out and spend our money. Without us, NONE of those places would even exist because there would be no customers. All this BS about Suburbanites and Urbanites is phony as well. We are all just people who decided what to buy and where to live...All my friends who live in MT, like I once did, sure love to come to my place on a Saturday and use MY pool when it's 100 degrees or more here...maybe I shouldn't let them, stupid Urbanites, I can't believe they even know how to swim.