View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2010, 6:49 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworivers View Post
I'd like to see PAW go up (jobs, taxes, skyline-filler) but I don't see the hole as *that* much worse than all the surface parking lots and giant parking garages that fill our gutted city.

I also wouldn't mind another park block going in, but 1) it will leave me feeling like losing several historic buildings was not an equal trade-off and 2) I'd hope for something better than Director Park, which is growing off me --rather than on me-- the more I experience it, much to my dismay.
I am not sure I would ever use the word gutted when referring to downtown...but thats just me I guess.

And personally Directors Park is growing on me, but again, that is just me. I was out there last week doing alittle sketching and the park has created some much needed energy. Kids were playing in the water, people were sitting at the tables chatting and eating food, I was sitting on one of the long benches enjoying the sun and sketching. For me the new park feels extremely welcoming and the light color stone and wood working of the canopy is a much welcomed feeling compared to the drab red brick sidewalks and the Nordstroms that looks like it is stuck in the 80s.