View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2012, 7:40 PM

xzmattxz - unfortunately the camera stays at home when I head out at night. I've missed some great shots because I didn't have my camera with me. But travel isn't all about photography, gotta have fun too.

wisla - I was pretty perplexed seeing all the thin, tall, gorgeous women on some mulleted, short, fat man's arm. Walking wallet syndrome.

The pope - that band was playing in a park for about 5 people. No idea what they were doing but I found the picture of the guy kinda odd.

The Dirt - The first time it was for drinking beer in public. I'm still not sure if that is forbidden. I was with a Turkish guy I met and since normal pubs are virtually nonexistent, we decided to go to the main square where we found a beer cart selling draft beers. Plenty of locals were drinking their beer in public so we thought when in Rome. I guess we either did it wrong or just looked like tourists that needed to be harassed.

The second time I was just walking and made eye contact with a cop. He saw an opportunity and demanded to see my passport, which was back at the hostel. He threatened to take me to the police station, looking for a bribe. I managed to talk my way out of the situation without paying.

CentralGrad258 - I saw some pretty run down areas when I came in from the airport. Very soviet and gray looking apartment blocks.

Thanks for all the comments. I'll wrap up the Euro tour with my next thread.