View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 3:12 PM
User Registered

Well I actually know some people in the planning department, so I'll see what I can do. I'll also compose an email to the transportation department because why not?

Convincing the MTO is another thing. Still, worth a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
The other problem is this design would likely require the removal of the existing VMP overpass over Highway 401, there isn't enough room to fit all the lanes and have the ramp connect on an angle like seen above.
Actually the existing overpass could remain as it's two-way one lane ramps. A bridge directly parallel to it could carry the mainline VMP. So technically, there could be 3 bridges, one four lane bridge for one direction, two two lane ones for the other.

The size of this junction could be a tight squeeze between the Old Victoria Westchester Bourne overpasses. To make things more complicated, Westchester has an interchange of it's own about 1km away from the VMP, which is already 'too close' by MTO standards. Perhaps they could convert this one to a folded diamond (would require a new bridge but the existing one is old) or a partial access half diamond or just get rid of the interchange entirely.

Same thing goes for the VMP itself. A future interchange at Bradley ave may be too close, but a folded diamond could work here as well.

My Simcity Stuff