View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 2, 2007, 11:10 PM
Onkel Dagobert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1 View Post
Freedom tower is 1776' because "1776" symbolizes America's year of The Declaration of Independece. so its a symbolic thing.

Plus, if they actually started vertical, they might get the Country's tallest title, as this tower is actually only around 1350 feet to the roof and the other 400 or so is the spire. Country's tallest until Chicago, once again, takes it from NY with the Chi-Spire, and that's if the guys at ground Zero starts to move their ass more rapidly. CS's site is moving pretty swifty and smoothly.
I think the entire attempt to reach 1776 feet with an ultra long spire is pretty lame if not pathetic. If it was 1776 feet to the tip of the roof then it wouldn't really bother me, because we would have a legitimate attempt at constructing a building of considerable hight to make a statement. Instead we have a half hearted attempt to do so.
In addition 1776 feet is 539.9 meters, does number 539.9 mean anything to anyone? I'm asking because if anyone in the rest of the world does ever hear anything about this tower it will most likely be in meters.