View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 15, 2011, 3:13 PM

It is definitely about more than that, according to the most recent blog post by CHML's Bill Kelly:

Quote:
Are Councilors Reverting to Gutter Politics ?

I have a big problem with Councilor Brian McHattie’s unsubstantiated accusation that the Mayor is guilty of bullying staff.

It’s a serious charge that should be investigated immediately.

The fact that McHattie and his co-accuser, Sam Merulla have refused to offer any details is curious, to say the least.

But, let’s , for the moment , take the accusation at face value.

McHattie and Merulla contend that staff members came to them with stories of being bullied by the Mayor’s office.

Given the increased awareness about the effects of bullying, why didn’t the Councilors immediately report the alleged bullying ?

Why didn’t they go to Human Resources, or the City Manager instead of leveling these charges in an open meeting of Council ?

If there is substance to these allegations, McHattie and Merulla have done a great disservice to City staff by not reporting them.

Neither one of these guys are political newbies. They know full well that personnel matters can be investigated in strict confidence.

If, on the other hand, there is nothing to these accusations, both McHattie and Merulla are guilty of abusing their office to tarnish a political rival.

This is no longer just about a salary increase or the Mayor’s behavior.

It’s about the integrity of all 16 people at that Council table, and so far, it leaves a lot to be desired.
http://www.900chml.com/Blogs/BillKel...tryID=10327128

Surely, in the spirit of unbiased objective journalism, Emma Reilly is preparing an investigative story on the accusations made by Merulla and McHattie. I'll not hold my breath waiting for it.