View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 10:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
^ That won't really look good, and it won't really be that much of a difference for Staten Islanders.

I rather see several skyscrapers along with the Ferris Wheel that would have observation decks, stores, restaurants, and malls to attract people to Staten Island. They should also have hotel space, residential space, and office space to encourage a lot more visitors as well. That way tourists would be willing to spend a few days there, and people would be willing to live and work there as well.
Maybe it won't look good to you, but I'd take a fantastic innovative spiral monumental tower with automated pods rather than another copy-cat gesture. The wheel is done and dusted, let's move on folks. Let's show some originality, something that says NYC of the future.

This is just a copy of London's famous EYE, and it will never surpass or become an icon like that one did. For one, it is too far from the city core, the view of the skyline will be very wide-angle and distant unless zoomed with a telephoto lens. Secondly, even if it is bigger, it will never have the cachet of the original and probably won't have the same design.

I really feel that somebody got very lazy here. There are plenty of different ways to create an observational structure than this. I also don't see the visual appeal of a wheel with ugly spokes, a spiral tower with pods would look so much more elegant rather than this travesty of an amusement park attraction.