View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2017, 11:21 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
The new location isn't that far from the Erwin Center. I'm not sure it will be anymore of a hassle to get to. If over 100,000 people can get into the football stadium (many are non UT students), then surely it won't be an issue to get 12,500 people into the new arena.

That's true. I do think it's easier to figure out how to get in and get out of the stadium during the day or on the weekend than it would be at 10:00 pm during the week but maybe not.

To be clear, the concerns I was bringing up were assuming the best case scenario that the city and ut team up to pay for a 17k seat arena and it can continue to host top events. I don't think you'll have a problem if the arena stays at 12.5k because it's not going to host many of the events that the Erwin center currently hosts.

I do think that the main access point changing from 15th to MLK is pretty significant. 15th has more capacity for cars and runs from 35 all the way to mopac. MLK is constantly backed up. People could still get to mik from the west side but it's a lot of cars sitting and turning through untimed lights and driving up through west campus.