View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2007, 5:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
So, September? Do you think this will coincide pretty closely with the beginning of construction at the Californian at Rincon Hill? Currently, their website says a Nov 2007 construction start date, but its been pushed back before.

How about the resuming of construction on the 2nd Infinity tower and the 2nd One Rincon tower. Do you think we'll see all 4 buildings going up at approximately the same time? I wonder if this would cause any headaches as the builders sort of take up each other's space.
At the risk of going off-topic for a second, I don't think there's any delay with the second Infinity tower. They appear to be trying to finish the midrise parts of that building which contain the amenities so that they can let people move into the first tower at the earliestr opportunity but they will resume working on the second tower as soon as that's accomplished, I'm sure.

The Californian is more problematic. So may be the One Rincon second tower. Turnberry has the resources and the history of moving ahead with projects (such as in Las Vegas and Miami) in spite of current market conditions because they realize conditions may be totally different by the time the project is complete in 2+ years. Also, they are aiming at the highest end of the market where buyers are less affected by issues with mortgages and such (many buyers pay cash). I'm not sure the builders of these other projects are so bold. Whether they proceed may depend on how sales are going at comparable buildings like The Infinity (we know the first Rincon Tower is nearly sold out).