View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2019, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Well if you want to build highrise condos or apartments near jobs, then the area I linked would be perfect since it's right down the road from the Newport Center area. Just 5 minutes away in Irvine, there's as many jobs as people living in the city, yet Irvine is all lowrise.

Florida also serves as better vacation property since it can still be pretty warm (70+) in winter while the NE or MW is below freezing. The water on both of Florida's coast stay warmer for much longer. CA is not really like that. It's really only warm between mid-July to mid-October. I don't really see CA being much of a vacation rental market like Florida. Probably the biggest vacation rental area in California is not even near the coast (Palm Springs).
I disagree with that. If California wanted to build a bunch of highrises along the coast like Florida decades ago, it would've. They just decided to protect much of it from that same kind of development. Will that change in the future? Probably. It might not have a choice at some point.

California tourism is at an all time high. It's not the tempature of the water that keeps tourists/vacationeers away. The state's isolation defintely hurts, as I know many people who choose Florida over California because it's closer/cheaper to do.