View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 7:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x2 View Post
i agree that it can be confusing. a few days ago, i overheard a mother saying to her kids how she doesn't get how the Millennium Line starts at Waterfront and ends back in Vancouver at VCC.

With regards to the Main Street and Broadway stations. You'll have: Main Street-Science World Station (Expo), Main Street-Broadway Station (M-Line), Broadway-City Hall Station (Canada Line), and Cambie-City Hall Station (M-Line).
Well, I wouldn't advocate two stations with the same name - but stations with names like "Main Street South", "Main Street North", etc is fine. In London England, there are two stations called "Edgeware Road: located about 200 metres apart - one on the District, Circle and Hammersmith & City lines, the other on the deep level Bakerloo line. There are three stations called Shepherd's Bush - one on the deep level Central Line, one on the Hammersmith & City Line and one on the London Overground (West London) Line, there are technically two underground stations called "Paddington", one at the south end of Padding Mainline station for the Bakerloo, District and Circle lines, the other at the north end of Paddington Mainline station for the Hammersmith & City line. Of course, these are historical, but London Underground over the last 100 years has refused to change the names.

And yes, it is confusing - I've waited at the wrong Edgeware Road station to meet somebody at least once