View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 6:50 PM

This is what I would prefer. Skytrain being extended south along King George to Newton where there would be a major park and ride and terminus for rapid buses from White Rock and Langley. Another Skytrain branch would go from just after Surrey central station to the number 1 via Guildford where there would be another major park and ride and a stop for rapid buses heading from Langley to Coquitlam and Maple Ridge to New Westminster. There would also be a rapid bus or express bus going from Maple Ridge to Langley and in Langley there would be another major park and ride facility same with ones in Maple Ridge. I think good and strategic park and ride facilities are one of the most important things for suburban transit because getting from point a B to C quicker then car is great but getting from point A to point B or point C to D cant be forgotten and giving a person the ability to use a vehicle for part of the trip to make transit for them viable is important.

Also the Newton branch could have stations at 92nd, future/optional one at 84th, one near the Kwantlem campus at 76th and at Newton center near 72nd. The Guildford branch could have a station at 140th, optional/future at 148th, at 152nd in Guildford and one at the number one interchange. Remeber that 8 Surrey blocks is 16 Vancouver blocks which is like the distance from Boradway stn to King Edward stn. 4 Surrey blocks is like 8 Vancouver blocks which is like the distance between 41st stn and 49th stn.

Anyways heres the map i drawn of my ideas.