View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2011, 9:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion View Post
MLS should be No. 2, both due to the sport itself and the amount they're paying players. Eric Hassli can't continue making $900,000 a year if Vancouverites are still going to consider soccer beneath them.

I get the impression most people don't even realize the 'Caps are in a much more legit league now. PR failure.
I think people do realize that the 'Caps are in a better league. They've hammered the truth that MLS is the highest soccer league and competition in North America (which is true, it is better competition than say the NASL). But yeah, if the Lions continue to stink up their season, the 'Caps have a decent chance of taking over spot #2 in the hearts of Vancouverites.

To be honest, I have not seen very much advertising about the Lions. Is it because they don't have a large budget for that, or what? I'm curious as to what the 'Caps will do to advertise to the consumer for next season. They need to get a soccer "name" in this town, for some people to continue going to games. Owen Hargreaves, perhaps (even though he's been injury prone)?