View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
To clarify I didn't mean Empire Fields location being the responsible for the lack of advertising, but it's capacity. Both the teams are close to capacity so dumping a ton of money into advertising would've provided very minimal gains.

Imo, the NBA is more likely to contract then it is to expand in the immediate future, and if relocation is the desired path there are certainly a couple of cities ahead of ours in line. Like I said I believe it would work here, but I don't foresee it happening for at least another decade if not two.

I'd rather have more once a year sporting events myself, like a major tennis open, golf open, major car race etc. Stuff that puts the worlds eyes on a city for a couple of days. Looks at how much attention Quebec city gets due to it's crashed ice event. Heck I'd love to see the Red Bull air race come to either False Creek or the Burrard Inlet.
Yeah. I know what you mean about the venue. I think I was trying to get across as well the advertising for the team, and the television that the 'caps would be shown. It's strange to me, that the team decided to put the 'Caps on TSN2, rather than just on TSN, or Sportsnet (for the majority of their games, I don't think that's the case, correct me, however, if I am wrong in that regards). I think the 'Caps needed as much exposure to the public about their team, and on field product as possible. Now, with the team reeling at 3-13-9, I really can't see too many people watching those games on tv. Management should have taken the approach the Canucks took (exposing their on ice product to as many people in the lower mainland as possible - through networks such as CBC, TSN, Sportsnet, etc). With that being said, I am a supporter, and will watch the 'Caps play tonight against Portland, unless it's a blowout like the DC United game.