View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2016, 6:56 PM
DTLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post

I thought I'd read the answer on NLA, but then I remembered I saw it in a video.

Check out 'Visiting with Huell Howser': 'Subway Terminal Update' at kcet.org. Skip to about 43 minutes in to see what appears to be the partly-restored streetcar #1435. If you have a spare hour, the whole video is worth watching.

www.kcet.org

I found this better picture at www.rrpicturearchives.net. The description says "This is a St. Louis Car (California Car Class H-3 or Type H) narrow gauge streetcar built in 1924. It was originally delivered to the Los Angeles Railway (42" gauge, LARy). After that, it served for Tahoe Valley Lines before going to Orange Empire. Today it sits in the Pacific Electric Subway Terminal, undergoing restoration to become a static display. "

www.rrpicturearchives.net/Charles Freericks
I'm not sure if it's been discussed recently; I tried searching and this was the best post I could find.

Does anyone know where they moved this old LARY car? Until a few weeks ago it was still here in the old garage adjacent to the Subway Terminal Building near 5th and Hill-- I walked by it every weekend morning. But it was moved away, presumably while they begin work on the new mall that's going in on this site, and in advance of the Park Fifth development that is supposedly finally happening...

I'm hoping someone on this thread knows what happened to car 1435-- maybe it ended up at a museum? Does anyone have any clues?