View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2010, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
Right now, the cheapest way for me to go would be tokens which give you a small discount and allow you to pay only for the rides you take.
I thought they discontinued tokens forever ago?

I use TransLink for 100% of my transit rides. Right now it's functional on Muni, BART, AC Transit, Golden Gate Transit, Golden Gate Ferry (at HUGE discounts I might add - like $4 on TransLink vs. $8 normal fare), and Caltrain. Other than a few broken readers and some grumpy Muni drivers, as well as a website and customer service call center that are clearly works in progress, I haven't had any huge problems. And no fishing for exact change, which is GREAT on AC Transit and Muni, since their buses are so credit card unfriendly.

Plus, Muni's doing away with their faregates and installing TransLink only gates this coming year (no cash accepted, no magstripe Fast Passes accepted), so it helps to get used to the system and become a typical impatient SF snob before every BTinSF has to spend 5 minutes in front of the gate figuring out how to hop on the Metro