View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
You are absolutely right. I guess I'm kind of biased against Burbank, no offense to people who are from there or live there, or like it. I will admit that Burbank is a city I don't often go into and explore; I get a different vibe from some of the people I know who are from there---Burbank residents seem to be on the slightly conservative side, which surprises me, because of the media/entertainment industry presence there (TV and radio studios, film studios). Hehe and I guess I just think Burbank is kind of dull, when you compare it to Glendale, which has a bigger city feel, and Pasadena, which has a charm to it that Burbank and Glendale lack. But I am aware that Burbank is a big job center. As is Glendale and Pasadena.

All of the LA posters made valid points. Although I like to rag on Orange County (hehe I'm dating myself with that term I know), I know that it is also a big job center. My godfather used to live in Los Angeles, but he commuted to his office somewhere in Orange County, Costa Mesa, I think, before he retired (he has since passed away).

I guess I wasn't sure about this exercise; my initial feeling was defining suburb vs. city by the built environment, but then people started talking about "city" in the sense of being more of an economic center than say vs. being a bedroom community (I guess). So yeah, in all of those regards, LA and the LA area is a different animal compared to most metro areas, being that the LA area has many economic/job centers spread throughout, and built environments are a hodgepodge in many areas.
Long beach holds it own too. The south bay cities are dense,
Anaheim has a huge tourist area, santa ana is dense..

There just isnt anothee area like it.