Thread: UAB Discussion
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2017, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tascalisa View Post
I wish that 1) the system would let UA be UA and let UAB and UAH be University of Birmingham and University of Huntsville respectively, and 2) that more public universities in the state were part of the system so that the Trustees' power was diluted and there could be an increase in collaboration and efficiency.

There are countless state university systems that operate in this fashion. I mean, we all talk about living in a state where the system is broken and this part of it. Why do universities like North Alabama, South Alabama, or West Alabama need separate boards of trustee's? It makes more sense for all of them to be a part of the state's flagship university system. If we're going to tether UAB and UAH to UA's 'life raft' (just a figure of speech), let's make the family bigger so that it empowers universities like UNA, USA, and UWA instead of making them battle for funding for the state... It has never made sense to me that the state's flagship university system only consists of THREE universities.
Ok, I could support that idea as well.