View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2011, 4:47 AM
Shoebox Dweller

It will block the river view, but I don't think that it is too much of a concern. You can't see much unless you stand on the concrete planters like I had to to get that shot (while almost falling in the bushes twice!). It is mainly just quiet gardened area. I'm more curious as to how they will soundproof the theatres. I would be pretty angry if I lived facing the river and the theatres were excessively loud on one of the lower levels, disturbing my sleep until 12am or 1am.

Yes, you are correct about the parking on that side of Columbia - while the railroad tracks are there (a long, long time, as they are a car swapping yard and lead to many other tracks, including Annacis Island), there won't be any pedestrian traffic whatsoever. I think that the parking is thoughtfully integrated into such a skinny, long site. They could have obscured it a bit better, but it is pretty decent for what it is. Also note that there will be ground floor retail to the East of the bus loop (Shoppers + potentially more).