View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2007, 10:33 PM
simms3

alright let me put my word in about the whole ATL thing, i go to school here now, and I do not like atlanta at all, and coming from florida, i miss water, palm trees, and longer periods of prolonged heat. i cannot wait to get out of here and either move back to florida or up to new york, chicago, or boston. If i was going to be any further north than jacksonville, then it would have to be in a real city like the ones mentioned. altanta sucks, i have some family that lives in east marietta or something along those lines, but it seems more like a road trip to get there, and if there is traffic, it is like 20 lanes of friday night south beach traffic, ridiculous! i have gone up to the one water area in the metro it seems like (lake lanier) to a friends house, and it took an hour and a half, and we were still in metro atlanta I SWEAR! there was a mall not too far down 400. while atlanta does have some cool parts in the inner core (the highlands and even decatur), buckhead is about the only nice place i would live here. people around here rave about buckhead all the time and how nice it was, well i forgot about how nice florida is and just got back from palm beach and coral gables, buckhead pales in comparison and is in fact cheaper than most average places in jacksonville, where i live, and moct of jacksonville isnt even "nice". i have a friend who's sister is moving to atlanta from new york (that has to be depressing, she does not know what she is getting herself into), and she is moving into a nice condo in buckhead for only 1400 or so a month! I guess that's why people move here because its sinful how cheap everything is, could it be because there are no palm trees, beaches, and rivers, and the intracoastal? The nightlife is better than where i am from, but barely, and im comparing a 5.something God knows by now metro to a 1.3 million person metro. Even the Greyhound station where i live is palatial compared to the one situated conveniently in a bad area by the garnett marta station. by the way a one way ticket on marta is $6.75, this is marta we are talking about here, not the new york subway where many people have no car. no f*****g wonder people ride their suburbans 100 miles from their house in the woods to work in atlanta!

people comparing miami to atlanta, live in the latter and visit miami all the time, there is a BIG difference. atlanta is 5 million people spread out over the size of a country whereas miami is 5 million people in what may equal out to be just fulton county. miami is an urban thriving city, atlanta is a suburban thriving metro. while i could not live in dade county, at least i could live in broward or palm beach (if i can afford them someday), but you could not pay me to live anywhere in the country of atlanta!