View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 1:44 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinChelseaNYC View Post
I'm often impressed by the Boise threads on here. It looks like a very pleasant and attractive place. Are there grittier neighborhoods there? I never see them.

There are a few somewhat gritty neighborhoods in Boise but as Groninger stated they are nothing like other cities. Grit in Boise is more like someone not taking care of their yard or (forgive me if I offend anyone) some run down trailer parks. The city as a whole is pretty tidy and well manicured with little pockets here and there of grit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
Boise has an outstanding quality and volume of walkable, bikeable neighborhoods full of tree-lined streets and old houses, mostly to the north and east of Downtown. Most aren't as grand as Warm Springs, but most are very livable, or even idyllic. The trees make the summers bearable as well.
I live in the Northend and enjoy the easy access to downtown, the foothills, and the greenbelt. There are some nice historic neighborhoods South of Boise Avenue and up on the Bench behind the train depot towards Kootenai Street but they are a little further from downtown.
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse