View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 10:23 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
I asked the question of Econgrad, because he doesn't seem to agree. He claims that central city housing is more expensive solely because of fees, and claims that it should be less expensive than suburban housing. I realize he's wrong, you realize he's wrong, but he's having a little trouble grasping the concept. Hopefully this discussion will help enlighten him.
Wha? When did I say that housing in DT is higher priced solely because of fees??
Also, please tell me when I said these other things too.
Here is my exact post:

The costs of construction on DT and MT Sac are inflated because of bureaucracies. These are worth no more than $90,000 to $150,000. The costs of building them are so high not because of natural market causes. The costs are high to construct because too many people are involved. Also, downtown Sacramento will be a failure if it continues to avoid catering to families. Urban renewal will continue to be a failure and have to be tax funded if we cannot find a way to lower the prices and increase the size of what if offered for families. You will continue to see more and more companies locating in Folsom and Roseville, and more money and people continuing to move to those areas until Sacramento wakes up. You already know my opinion on this Wburg.... funny you even ask this question.

More words in my mouth. I asked you not to do that, nicely.