View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2013, 10:45 PM

Thanks folks! I'll try to get the full city tours up in a timely manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
Those Appalachian mountain towns/cities fascinate me. Spartanburg was a disappointment, especially after visiting Greenville. The Macon pics remind me that I never posted my visit there when I toured the South a while back (guess I better do that some time).
I look forward to the individual city tours. Great stuff Tt, thanks.
Spartanburg was a bit underwhelming, but I ate at a very good Thai place on Main St, so they've got that. There is a nice residential area near downtown called Converse Heights that I wanted to see, but it got dark. I understand Greenville has a much better downtown, but I headed up towards the mountains instead.

Post those Macon photos! It's a cool city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
One of the more interesting parts of Winston-Salem is the Old Salem District, built around the mid-1700s, yet I never see it photographed on SSP. Do photographers here know about it? It's about three or four blocks south of the domed skyscraper and looks as if you just walked into New England. And while some cities have arches or spaceneedles, Winston-Salem has a 12 foot tall coffee pot from 1858 as its city symbol. It's over there as well.
I saw the coffee pot while getting on the interstate from downtown (may have taken a roundabout way by accident). I wish I could have seen more W-S neighborhoods, but the weather was a bit cruddy for walking around. I'll be sure to get out of downtown next time I'm in town.