View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolognium View Post

It's just the thought of a skyline "punching above its weight" that seems stupid to me, since there are so many other factors which have an equal impact
Your point is valid bolognium, but I started the thread on the merits of whether or not a city's skyline at first glance either does or doesn't represent the true population of a city in everyone's eyes, just based on height and density. Things like geography should be omitted, and I also mentioned cities under 500,000 and yet people keep bringing up a city's natural geography and cities like Edmonton so it's going off track a bit.

Oh bolognium, in London's defense I am impressed by London's momentum in the last 5 years and living in Windsor I'm a bit envious. You being our nearest neighbour (of cities over 100,000) Windsor looks to London alot and I think our city can learn from watching your city. It's obvious the steps taken to increase density in London's core are working and we applaud London for that, Windsor can only hope to emulate the same accomplishments.

I also enjoyed London last time I went there. I saw the old brewery house I think it was? (right downtown) and then wandered into the Eldon house, very cool!

Last edited by Symz; Jan 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM.