View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by embora View Post
Here's news about 7th & Market (Ritz Carlton-Whole Foods) from the SDUT. A judge ruled in favor of the city, but the party that sued said that "at this point" they plan on appealing. The article says that the judgement also affected a 20-story, 324 hotel a block a way, but I didn't see a name or exact location for that hotel.
So what does this mean? Can the project get started or do they have to wait for these jackasses to go through an appeal process, and how long would that take? I’m guessing at some point Ritz and WF will get tired of waiting and just walk away from this. It’s really frustrating this thing can’t get off the ground. The city has been flirting with project designs at this critical spot for well over a decade now and year after year after year it sits as a surface parking lot I walked by the site the other day and the Claremont Hotel, which is supposed to be renovated and preserved in the project, let their shrubs die but hasn’t removed them so there are just brown dead bushes there. I also noticed some roaches. Lovely. I guess this group of NIMBYs who are suing thinks a parking lot with oil stains and a vermin infested building with dead trees out front is better than the mixed use project.