View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2004, 4:02 AM
joining the rail club

oh my god...i had to post this Dave! lol

Verbal pollutants
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I have no doubt there is some global warming. I do, however, disagree with the "experts" on the chief cause.

Most "experts" blame this global warming on fossil fuel pollution. Toward this end, we have numerous means to contain or eliminate these so-called emissions.

On our automobiles, we have emission controls that burn these pollutants. On coal-fired generating plants, we have a number of controls; from filters to some type of washing of the plant's discharge.

All of these control methods are good and helpful, but do not address the biggest polluters of all.

It is my humble and unscientific opinion that the biggest cause of any global warming is pollution. However, it is not caused by using fossil fuel.

The largest factor is the verbal pollution coming out of our duly elected officials in Washington. If you listened to any of the committee meetings in Washington on the 9-11 tragedy or the prisoners in Iraq, you will know what I mean.

The hot air-verbal pollutants were audible as Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., and Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., tried to blame the American troops for anything and everything.

Sen. James Imhofe, R-Okla., seemed to furnish the emissions control that the other two surely needed.

If we could get some safety devices on these hot air bags to keep the gases from escaping and sending their pollution into the sky, we could contain or reduce global warming. Get rid of fossil fuel and fossil windbags in Washington, and we will have cleaner air.

JOSEPH L. THEURER SR.
Harrisburg