View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2017, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
They are not very good at catching illegal guns or drugs either.

BTW I've never been asked by a border guard (any country) if I've ever been arrested or convicted of an offence. Presumably this is a question they can ask?
I'd second that.
Not sure if I already shared this but I suppose there's no harm in it... My good knowledge of their operating procedures enabled me to bring, or "smuggle", a couple little White Oak trees from one of my properties in Sherbrooke into the U.S. for planting on my lands in NH. They're at the limit of their hardiness zone in our area, so I was curious to know how they'd do. It's been a couple winters and they're doing great.

(They have good genetics, they're from a 150 years old oak that's perfectly healthy, and I knew they were disease-free, so I don't feel guilty about anything. From the U.S. point of view, I'm making improvements - nothing to complain about there...)

I'd obviously never ever even think about bringing illegal stuff over the border, but I would honestly think I could do it fairly easily, given my experiences over the past several years.