View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 5:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Yep. It's as bad as it gets. Their defense amounted to "well durrr you should've checked the website"

I don't know which explanation is worse, that this was a malicious attempt to "gotcha" people in a way that would generate fine revenue, or that they were so clued out that they genuinely did not understand why burying an important rule change on a website that no one ever consults was not such a great idea.
I honestly dont think they were blindsided by the outrage. I think they did it 100% on purpose. They purposely made a change in the least likely spot drivers would see it so they could say "well we DID inform you" but their intent was absolutely that no one would know and they'd reap the revenue.

It was malicious, no doubt. When caught they tried to claim the rules were changed in 2012 to try to convince people they were wrong all these years. Someone checked internet archives to see the website had just been updated to prove that was a lie.

They lied and I hate to say someone should be fired, but man, someone really needs to be seriously disciplined.