View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2014, 1:09 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New York YIMBY:

New Design: 414 West 15th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MAY 14TH 2014 AT 8:00 AM

Quote:
Plans for a new hotel at 414 West 15th Street have undergone a major shift, and Stonehill & Taylor has been replaced by CetraRuddy as the site’s design architect. With construction now beginning, new on-site renderings offer the first glimpse at the building’s re-conception, and the departure from the initial design appears dramatic. The site’s developers are The Rockpoint Group, Highgate Holdings, and Meilman Family Real Estate, per The Real Deal.

[...]

The CetraRuddy re-design of the site remains somewhat mysterious, and a simple profile is all that’s posted on-site, but the building’s form has undergone a relatively radical shift, morphing from a simple tower into a structure with staggered setbacks. Zoning diagrams are lacking, but it appears that the new concept’s base will be flush with the sidewalk, before the ‘tower’ portion retreats away from the street as it begins to rise.

Permits for 414 West 15th Street indicate it will stand 25 stories and 285 feet tall, with a total of 158 rooms spanning 108,979 square feet. The Schedule A reveals a host of occupants for the base, including a restaurant and several ‘drinking establishments,’ while the third floor will have several terraces; an additional event space will be located on the rooftop.

Completion of the project is expected in the summer of 2016, and partial job permits were issued in March; workers are now active on the already-poured foundation, and progress finally appears imminent.

414 West 15th Street — foundation work resumes

NEW YORK | 414 West 15th St | 285 FT | 25 FLOORS

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~