View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 4, 2006, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander1
Well, another sprawlmart. Is this any surprise? You just knew it would be a Walmart 3 years ago when McClinton & Co. first put its "another McClinton development" sign on the property. They've built all of the metro's supercenters.

I guess they figured ..."Hey, let's build 1 or 12 more"..

It looks like they actually are going to try to build twelve.
The fourth Walmart has been approved and now...

Could Fifth Wal-Mart Supercenter be Coming to Montgomery County?

WAKA CBS 8
March 3, 2006

Montgomery County could soon be home to a fifth Wal-Mart Supercenter -- possibly on Montgomery's west side. "If we can generate retail growth in an area of our city that needs it, then, yeah, I would welcome a fifth Wal-Mart," Montgomery Mayor Bobby Bright told CBS 8 News Friday.

Although no deal has been reached, Bright and Wal-Mart officials have been talking. Some residents welcome the idea. "I think we need that because most of the time, the people on this side of town have to travel all the way across town just to go to Wal-Mart," Montgomery resident Deon Addison said.

City leaders are looking at various ways to breathe new life into the west side. The new Gateway Park and golf course off Interstate 65 is scheduled to open early next month. Workers are also making upgrades to Riverside Heights apartments.

You can count on CBS 8 News to keep you updated on any Wal-Mart plans. Montgomery's third Wal-Mart is under construction on Ann Street while the fourth location, just outside the city limits on Chantilly Parkway, was recently announced.

http://www.waka.com/