View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 9:58 PM
Greetings from New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxwood View Post
Beautiful, I needed this. Deep down I really do like Newark. I see the potential and I want the city to succeed. But every time I see the city I can't help but cry at what could have been had the city not leveled half of itself to the ground. Just imagine what Lincoln Park would be like had the brownstones been preserved! It'd definitely be the next hot neighborhood today.

With so many damn parking lots, it's a fucking shame Newark continues to demolish its old city fabric. I hear S. Klein On The Square and all the other landmark buildings around it are gonna get demolished soon. Really retarded, Newark. I've seen buildings, in The Bronx, in much worse condition come back to life.
Alot of the Parking lots in Downtown will be covered by 2025 , I can't say that for the rest of Newark but there's been a Boom as with the rest of this region. Theres over 25 projects underway , High Rise Construction , Rehabbing old buildings for Mixed usage , alot of new hotels are planned , a convention center , a few new schools. They've stopped allowing demolitions for the most part however a few Downtown Buildings will go to make way for New Corporate offices like Prudential , Sony North America , alot of new high rises will have multiple slots for retail on street level.... Theres alot of infill going on in University Heights and the Ironbound , mostly mixed use....and in North Newark. In the Ironbound there encouraging businesses to take off the vinyl sidings....