View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Don't call Chicago Chi Town, that's the Lucien LaGrange of Chicago nicknames: one used and inhabited by only the worst nouveau riche bros.

Yeah, I'm down too. When is the meeting again? I'd like to go berate the alderman for meddling in urban planning. Since when is it his job to design parks? Based upon prior experience we are probably going to end up with a piece of shit design that will be planted once and never maintained again after completion just like Reillys masterpiece: Green Blank Concrete Wall 2014 at 500 N LSD.

I also want to tell Stern to go pound sand and take his shit designs back to NYC. There never was a history of this trash in Chicago, our history is only that of modern design. If it weren't for tasteless aldermen, out of towners, and well intentioned, but tasteless, folks like Daniel Burnham this city would be orders of magnitude more attractive.

400 E Randolph increases the architectural diversity of Chicago, are you all for that shit stack? If I built a hut out of buffalo chips on Lower Wacker that would increase the architectural diversity of the area as well, are you in favor of literal stacks of shit too?

Completely ridiculous. The beef with this design has NOTHING to do with economics. The fact is this design is going to be precast trash. You know it. I know it. We all know it. That is the only economic function here. As such, we can deduce that building in this style is NEVER a good idea. We are not getting a 15 CPW here period, for the very same economic reason you listed. What I expect is for developers from other cities not to come here and drop a heaping load of shit in our city and set it ablaze. Everyone knows this design is just going to turn out like another Elysian with classy materials like corrugated tin apparently salvaged from a slum in Haiti and what essentially amounts to freeway retaining wall components for a curtain wall.

The richest part of this whole design is that this is what Related thinks is "stepping up their design game" or whatever ridiculous quote we saw a while back was. How such culturally vapid people rise to the top of massive companies like Related is completely beyond me. What they think they are building is a 1926 Dusenburg, what they are really building is a 1996 Caddilac Deville, and what we are debating over is whether we want our shitty mid 90's GM product to come with a false fabric top or just hardshell.
Tell us how you really feel. lol