View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2013, 1:57 AM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypip View Post
Each floor of the USS Tower = 1 acre. At 841 ft, it is the largest rooftop of any skyscraper on earth. Most taller skyscrapers taper or setback as the height increases. The only other skyscrapers with a large footprint (1 acre) was the original 1 & 2 world trade center buildings.
Yep. And Councilman Bill Peduto wants to turn that rooftop into a park, which I think would be awesome!

My mom used to work in that building when Marsh & McClennon's Pittsburgh offices were there. When my mom would have to go into work on a Saturday for a couple of hours and asked me if I wanted to go with, I always said yes. I think a couple of times I even asked to go in with her! That building was (and still is) awesome!!! And I would love to see a park go there at some point. Climbing 841 vertical feet to a green space would be cool.