View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 18, 2009, 8:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLand View Post
Lenarduzzi and the boys have an inside as edge as they are cozy with the league higher ups. I'd be very shocked if they don't get in the MLS. However, then again I've seen funnier things happen.

As for the SSP Stadium I don't see it happening anytime soon. But wouldn't it be great to see some work for the construction workers who are about to feel the brunt of this downturn? The fact that its privately funded is what really makes this painful. Hopefully they can work something out with the ports soon.
I personally do not think the waterfront stadium will be built in downtown. Funnier things have happened, but realistically, I really don't think the ports will budge. I say, as a reasonable alternative - move the stadium somewhere else. If the ports don't want anything to do with this really great project, then just go somewhere else.

I think the Whitecaps stadium will eventually get built - sooner, rather than later (I think), because BC Place stadium doesn't belong to the Whitecaps, they'll have to pay some kind of fee for using it. I don't see this as a viable long term solution. Kerfoot, I think, will eventually move the stadium somewhere else. I'm not sure if he's willing to wait the situation out. Then again, the man is a billionare, so he can afford to pay rent, if he so chooses to decide to do so.