View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2007, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
It's nice to see you guys in S.F proposing buildings taller than 300'. I've never been to your city, but would certainly like to visit. Question though...
I know that there are no renderings yet available, but seeing as the developers have filed this information with the city, have anyone been to the Department of Planning or whatever you have in S.F to collect those documents? Here in Chicago, if zoning or something needs to be changed, developers file their proposals with the Department of Planning & Development, and those documents are available to the public. They usually include renderings and landscaping plans.

Good luck with this tower. Will continue to check this thread for updates and renderings.

Also, who is Sue Hestor? Please excuse my ignorance in asking, but as I mentioned, I don't visit S.F threads often. From the tone of the comment though, she sounds like a hard ass NIMBY. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
quite often no documents are available to the public until the draft EIR has been published, which usually does not include renderings, but will include plans and elevations. the required visual simulations often come later, but by this time most developers would have put the word out. in the case of a project like this, it has such potential for controversy that i'm sure the developers are keeping a tight lid on things until they've lined up all the political support they need. this is, after all, a building more than twice the height limit adjacent to a historic resource.

as for sue hestor... well, the less said the better. she is a vehemently anti-growth land use attorney / activist whose battles date back to the anti-growth legislation and height limits which stifled development in the 1980s and to a lesser extent the 1990s. she has been known to speak negatively about nearly ever conceivable project and visiting planning department hearings to listen to her 'comments' on projects can be quite... entertaining.