View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 1:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnard's Star View Post
Per the last two posts, I think this whole news event is just a naked ticket grab by Rogers for the upcoming Bills game at the dome. The original story appeared on CBS citing "numerous sources" but I have no doubt it came out of MLSE or Rogers. I was appalled that they chose Grey Cup Sunday to do so.

Even more appalling is that they're trying to pick over Ralph Wilson's corpse while the man is still breathing. I don't follow the NFL at all but I really feel for the fans in Buffalo; there's no team coming to Toronto while the Bills remain in Buffalo and we shouldn't underestimate the degree to which the state of New York and the NFL itself will defend the status quo. There's just not enough upside to the move up north.
Yeah, it was pretty disgraceful of the media (who in general are in the back pocket of the likes of Rogers and MLSE) to run with this story during the biggest week of the year for the CFL. Coincidence?? I think not. I'm sure it was planned to divert some of the attention away from the CFL. Rooting for the death of elderly owner to get what you want is downright pathetic. At least Bon Jovi showed some respect in that regard.

A funny thing happened a few weeks ago. back in October you could go to the ticketmaster site and actually see how many seats were available for the Bills game in December. NO word of a lie there was still approx. 50% unsold seats in the building. Then shortly thereafter, they stopped showing how many seats were available. My guess is Rogers was embarrassed by the poor sales and asked ticketmaster to longer display all the unsold seats. YOu can still by seats of course, it 's just that you can't see how many individual seats remain unsold.

I don't buy the prices being too expensive either. If you look around at all the other unsold tickets for games at various NFL stadiums around the league on ticketmaster you will find that most have prices similarly priced or more expensive than comparable seats at Rogers..and in the case of club seats considerably more expensive than Rogers!