View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2018, 5:04 AM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen.

Video Link

Link Apartments Innovation Quarter:
Yes, they are now constructing the sixth floor. Sadly, I could only find photographs showing a small part of the structure with the new floor going-up. Maybe next update I'll find photographs showing more of the building and the construction. I am very thankful for the two photographs I did find and the photographers who are kind enough to share them.

Work has started on the sixth floor (top of photograph):

Credit: zeb_jones93

See the sixth floor going-up on the far right side of this photograph:

Credit: kaitlynring

Hotel Indigo:

Cutting more window and door openings into the south facade:

Credit: winstonwatchman

Cabinet of Curiosities:
Old Salem Museums & Gardens, in lower downtown, has confirmed they will create a cabinet of curiosities (cabinet of wonders) in the newly restored Boys School. These collections were precursors to today's museums. It should be interesting to see the museum when it opens.

Credit: oldsaleminc

1001:

A look at the large size of the building:

Credit: catcrumppics

Efird Block Restoration:

Credit: james__shepard212

Twin City Motors Building Adaptive-reuse:
The Twin City Motors Building was sold last week. We are still waiting to see the official proposal for the building.

West End Station:
Starting work on HVAC installation at this massive downtown apartment complex.

Credit: murf_patt

Future City Park & River Otter Mural:
The mural, from Japanese artist Daas, appears to be completed. Now we wait for finalized park plans for the site around the mural.

Credit: tschelovek_graffiti

Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites:

Credit: vincerabil

Credit: siguy1346

500 West Fifth:
Spruce Street, on this block, will be closed during weekdays until June, to allow workers to lift new HVAC equipment into the building.

Credit: 500west5th