View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2010, 1:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
I'm not sure if I could take the summer heat long enough to live in Kamloops, but I find the terrain much more interesting than the endless tree-covered mountains found in much of the province (like the Nelson photo).

I love the Arrow Lakes, and the area my dad lives in East of Vernon, but I don't find the landscape the least bit interesting. For some reason whenever I mention this people from the area scoff and figure I just have some sort of Albertan inferiority complex. They can't fathom anybody preferring the terrain one can find in the foothills (personally, my favourite is the drive south of Longview, AB where the prairies seem to end abruptly and the Rockies come out of nowhere). The Whaleback Region is probably my favourite in Alberta, and IMO one of the most picturesque places I've been.
I completely agree. I actually kind of hate how the Columbia River /Arrow/ Kinbasket hydro projects destroyed the valleys. The reservoirs made most of that area of BC pretty hard to access. Too bad this is also going to happen on the Peace River up north now.