View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 6:23 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Awesome. Thanks for the unique tour. I like a lot of the locations. Some of the buildings are ugly but not too bad. Looks better than half the suburbs I live near.

Impressive McDonalds!

I have a quick story: A few years ago I was hanging out here in my home city of Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania and I was at a nightclub dancing, hanging out. And I saw this group of like 5 guys who were kinda acting arrogant and tried starting a fight with some stranger. I thought it was funny so I went over to the group as they were getting kicked out and asked them about themselves and they were all early 20's Italian Uni students going to Carnegie Mellon our best local university in this city.
So I walked down the streets with them a bit and they were friendly to me. We had a few good laughs and some funny street stuff that you do when you're buzzed up and walking around a bunch of other drunk funny people. So they were saying how much they hate America and stuff and once again, I thought it was hilarious. Anyway, they got hungry and wanted to eat some late night drunk food. I was hungry too. So there's about 30 great restaurants in a 4 block stretch and they choose MCDONALDS! I was very surprised at their choice as we ordered our horribly shitty burgers.
Anyway, the whole thing was a fun memory for me but their choice of restaurants still stays with me. They were acting "too cool" for the locals and like I said making fun of everything American yet they chose the most horrible thing the US has unleashed on the world: McDonalds; Spreading unhealthiness and obesity across the globe like a cancer.

So my final thought was, I guess that pretty much summarized the whole thing: That restaurant and our country too seem to be the place that everyone LOVES TO HATE. Quite literally.

Cheers!