View Single Post
Old Posted May 11, 2018, 5:28 PM

Masai did the same with George Karl who won coach of the year with the Nuggets.

I appreciate everything Casey has done as the best coach in Raptor's history, but something had to change. I don't think Stackhouse's lack of experience is what should hold them back. Two of the best coaches in the game right now in Steve Kerr and Brad Stevens (maybe add Luke Walton) are first time NBA coaches who bring a fresh perspective to the game. It's becoming a theme that to hit a home run with your coaching selection, you need to take a chance on someone young and hungry. That being said, Stackhouse is a development coach like Casey. He's good at motivating players and bringing them up to their potential, but that's not necessarily what the Raptors need. The core is developed, the bench depth is there. They need someone who can actually manage a team during the game when it matters most. someone who doesn't draw up the worst inbound plays I've ever seen or let Kevin Love go an a 9-0 run by putting C.J. Miles on him during the stretch. I'm not sure Stackhouse is a true tactician yet. Maybe he is and the risk would pay off, but it is a hefty risk.