View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 8:58 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
This design is a nice compliment to the Freedom tower, however, the freedom tower's roof is actually lower than the structural "roof tip" on 2WTC. If both of these buildings were identical, that might be okay, but in this case it detracts too much from the Freedom Tower (spire notwithstanding) and I belive the roof on the Freedom Tower should be raised to perhaps 1475' or 1500' to make the two work better together, and maintain the continuity of Liebeskinds original plans for the relative heights of WTC 1,2,3 and 4.

Well, a height increase may, perhaps possibly could be, in the offing (though I really doubt it) because Silverstein made some noises, apparantly, about increasing the height of 3 WTC because of the current boom in office demand.

But as far as aesthetics are concerned, remember that in many renderings 2 WTC looks significantly lower than the FT, because from the angle pictured (looking across the Hudson), it further back than the FT.

Not I see a problem with having a 2 WTC that looks like a good replacement for one of the Twins, heightwise, or anything...

I ❤️ NY

Last edited by CoolCzech; Oct 11, 2007 at 9:08 PM.