View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2008, 11:07 AM

Tower One Adj. - Richards Street

Richards Street - East Elevation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
I love the renderings. While it is not an actual street, I love the recreation of Richards Street through CCC from S Temple to 100 S. Opening up the blocks will really do wonders for making the city much more walkable and pedestrian friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonkey View Post
I agree, Future Mayor. I think this will be a lovely area to stroll through when all is said and done, and it will provide a great transition between Temple Square and the rest of downtown. I hope Regent St. is this nice. The buildings relate to the street very well, and the landscaping will be fabulous--nearly as nice as the gardens on Temple Square, I hope.

T-Mac, awesome pics for the thousandth time. This project is so incredibly large and complex, and you manage to keep us posted from almost every viewpoint. Thank you!

A couple of things I don't get about this project, if anyone else knows, or wants to take a guess:

How long do they leave those yellow metal braces up between the concrete floors and ceilings? Is is still a field of yellow braces on the long-completed parts of the parking garage and basement on the Crossroads block?

Are they using an insane amount of rebar in the core of Tower 1? It seems to me like they are using twice what Tower 6 and 7 are getting. Would that just be because of the differences in height, and the additional structural load Tower 1 has to carry? Is this typical?

Last edited by delts145; Oct 31, 2012 at 2:13 PM.