View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 9:30 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownCity View Post
this does look miserable (nice photography by the way). I'll be here for a few fays in july to visit some family and just seeing this set isn't exactly giving me any inspiration to make the trip....
You'll find it entirely different in Summer. Winter wind chills are nasty and the weather is gloomy, and people just burrow in and try to avoid it. In summer, folks get out and enjoy the river and the lake, and the place looks a lot better when it's green instead of brown and gray.

While you're there, check out the zoo. It's one of the nation's top-ranked ones. If you're into art of all kinds, you'll find Toledo's world-class art museum well worth your time.

A lot of my Toledo photos so far have been in old industrial areas and down-at-the-heels neighborhoods, and the events that have taken me there all have taken place on winter weekends. I hope to make some weekday trips there just for photography, once the weather warms up.

Better than ever and always growing: [url=http://www.robertpence.com][b]My Photography Web Site[/b][/url]