View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTown View Post
It's frustrating to me the amount of negative comments that non-American style skyscrapers seem to garner on this forum. I fail to see what is so superior about the cookie cutter office towers being built in New York which almost always invariably end up as rectangular prisms clad in blue glass or the pencil thin residential towers that make absolutely no sort of economic or engineering sense except in the context of the ultra-rich having an insatiable desire to outdo one another for the best views. This tower is far from my favorite, but labeling it as a "hunk of junk" hardly seems fair. It certainlly seems much more interesting to me than half the towers proposed for NYC if only due to its novelty although I don't think you'll ever have to worry about it being built there since it looks too massive to even fit on a city block.
First of all, there are plenty of daring and unique designs going up in NYC. Secondly, this building in particular is getting critiqued because it's almost universally ugly. Third, if you want to talk about the ultra-rich, try India: http://hbowatch.com/vice-episode-05-...rs-a-review-2/