View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
How would it lose money? If you sold 20,000 seats at an average cost of $50, that's a million dollars. Sure an outdoor game would be pricy to put on, but you can't tell me that it would cost a million bucks. Sponsorships would also take a big bite out of the overhead costs too.

For whatever reason hockey teams see outdoor games as a license to rip fans off. Either the novelty is wearing off or fans are just getting smarter and realizing that spending hundreds of dollars to sit out in the cold, in a seat with a worse view than any one you could find in the Brandt Centre to watch a frigging regular season junior game is, shall we say, a questionable proposition.
I think It is more than just the prices that kept sales low. I think demand for junior hockey is limited for starters. But weather is huge as well having an outdoor game in February is crazy can you imagine sitting outside in weather similar to what we had at Xmas? Maybe it wouldn’t be that could but it could be and that would scare off a lot of regular fans let alone those less dedicated. Add in the fact the Pats have not been very good and voila shitty ticket sales. Price certainly played a part but the timing and concept had a very low chance of success even if prices were reasonable.